Saturday, October 28, 2006

Gucci's not so bad anymore

I'm really digging Gucci's S/S line right now. I think its really nice when designers have a very distinct common thread in their shows. For Gucci, this thread was bold geometric patterns in saturated reds and purples paired with really cool, 60's influenced shift dresses, a la Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby. I also liked how they used some folky looking prints in the same colors. Different look, but still kinda flowed. The only things I really didn't like was the fact that, goddammit, why do you people always put your models in those big ass sunglasses? Someday when VH1 does an "I Love The 00's" special they are going to have a whole segment about that shit and our kids will laugh like hell.

Despite this, I'm thinking that that's the best show I've looked at so far this season. However, I've still got quite a few to wade through on Style.com, so, my pretties, that's all for now.

Maddy

7 comments:

molly said...

im digging it too

and gypsies are way cooler than pirates

obvs

Anonymous said...

I dug the Gooch, but YSL might have been my fave show this season... it was incredible.

Carissa Duhamel said...

I didn't really like Gucci very much, although I did love the shade of purple they incorporated into their base color pallette.

-S said...

as for my favourites for spring summer 2007, proenza schouler, fendi, Dsquared,valentino, celine, stella mccartney, i could go on forever...

Sarah said...

yeah, i usually don't like gucci, but this collection was quite inpresive.

molly said...

Yeah, I can.
The Arctic Monkeys are lyrically much more sophisticated then other pop-punk groups.

I don't even like pop-punk. (I don't know which groups you're comparing them to)

Ella Gregory said...

its kinda of like the neater version of boho, nice blog btw.