Thursday, August 09, 2007

Color Block and Underwears

Despite my aversion to most things 80's, color blocking is a trend that has stolen my heart. It's interesting to see one color sitting starkly alongside another, and whether they complement one another or not. Some combinations are very jarring, while others can be subtle and even sophisticated.

I particularly like color blocking in the form of a jersey dress. This one is a lovely combination of buttery yellow with cranberry and magenta, and I like how the stripes flow into the shape of the wrap dress. Oh, and by the way, wrap dresses kick ass always. $58 by Lux (via Urban Outfitters).

I am not a fan of plastic bags. They are bad for the environment, and besides that, unsightly! These nylon grocery totes are not only easier on the Earth than a plastic bag, but they are also much cooler looking. I think I'll buy my mother one of these to replace the ratty old canvas thing she takes to the store. It's falling apart anyway. $28 from Fred Flare.


I'm kind of digging big soft tee shirts, and I am also kind of digging brown and gray. Many people are shocked to find that I actually love this particular color combination- I guess it must be written down somewhere that mixing your neutrals is a minor sin or something. I don't know, I never payed attention in catechism. Anyways, I personally think that neutral mixing is just fine and dandy and employ this particular combination very often myself. I'm not sure precisely how many years this would earn you in purgatory, though, so be warned. $19, American Apparel.

Here are some other things that I just like.

This is a rug that looks like underwear. It is from Fred Flare for $24.


Here is a watch on a chain. I would buy it, but I think I could find it at the junk store for three times cheaper and three times cooler. It's still pretty cool, though. Delia's, $24.50.

Why is Steve Madden so awesome lately? $90.

And.... that's it.

Maddy

10 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

I like the color combination of grey and brown as well! It's very unusual, and I think almost clashing in a way, but in a cool way.

Teresa said...

I've always loved color block. Ever since I made a color wheel in preschool, I always had a thing for complimentary colors.

alexgirl said...

Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog! I loved my wedding dress too!!

Great post, BTW. I love those nylon bags and the shoes. Tres chic.

Jaclyn said...

I like grey and brown together, i really like that t-shirt. I want those shoes there so cute!
belle

La Principessa said...

Ooh, I love that necklace!

I have a bunch of antique pocket watches that I got off eBay. They're quite a bit bolder than the Delia*s option, but I wear them as necklaces anyway.

Weekly Blogette said...

That wrap/dress is so original.
great find.
p.s.check out my blog

Isabel said...

Those grocery totes are really fab. I kinda wish they were dresses, too.

Anonymous said...

Fred Flare is awesome. Love those bags and the underwear is hysterical.

Emma said...

Heh! Rugderwear! I love it.

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonwalletsmarket.com/]www.louisvuittonwalletsmarket.com[/url][/b] If you cannot afford all of these, just convince them to search stylish, simply because a lot of teens choose each individual other from their parents' overall look. It may be preferable for you to reside within a large villa by using a gorgeous backyard but, if you don't, rest. Just make sure that your household appears to be like clean up and stylish.

[b][url=http://www.uggsunitedkingdom.co.uk/]www.uggsunitedkingdom.co.uk[/url][/b] If it is actually warm plenty of exterior, you might want to established a table within the porch or in the backyard. Require some time to receive anything prepared and make use of a table fabric, plates and really flatware. Some fresh new blossoms in vase can also be a pleasant touch. For assistance, a honeycomb designs on each sides in the higher are utilised in constructing the shoe. vibram 5 fingers komodo sport mens As opposed to other running shoes, the Bikila presents its wearer the sensation of staying definitely barefoot as it bears the signature glimpse of Vibram 5 fingers sneakers. vibram 5 fingers komodo activity womens Each toe matches in its possess section, similar to how palms and fingers may possibly match snugly into a pair of gloves.

[b][url=http://www.uggsoutletsite.co.uk/]www.uggsoutletsite.co.uk[/url][/b] The modern-day day island of Haiti was the only island that effectively threw off the yoke from the Spanish. Before long it was uncovered that the sugar cane might be utilized for making booze. Prior to that booze was only created by fruits or hops. Be organized. Plan your get the job done and work your program. Keep in mind that currently being arranged is simply half of your equation.

[b][url=http://www.uggsunitedkingdom.co.uk/]ugg boots uk[/url][/b] The cathedral isbuilt in h2o meadows. Shallow foundationsfour toes profound assistance the tower. Somewhere else the cathedral towersfell down for want of good foundations. Online ratings could also direct you to your reputed retailer. Low cost supplements may possibly be available only throughout sure instances of your 12 months. Registering using the seller wil .

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonpursesale.com/]louis vuitton outlet[/url][/b] We went to Marios grandmas birthday celebration at Union Corridor, and it was ok. I experienced uncomfortable like all people was wanting and referring to me but anything. Great food stuff. Sexual dissatisfaction would make a man to drop prey to unpleasantness and sourness in relationships as well as in existence. A person is just not entirely happy until he turns into aware that his spouse is sexually and physically satisfied on account of his sexual intimacy. You will discover a variety of wellness problems in men which may tamper with female's final sexual delight.